My Adventures in Switzerland

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Les Sirens

The manager at the hotel we are currently staying at, Hotel Marécottes, was sure I needed to see a doctor today at the hospital because of the way that I limped into the dining room this morning. Really, the hurt has gone away and now it is just a little swollen and I can feel the throbbing a little. Hopefully, this means it is healing?

After we had dropped the kids off at the museum, he drove me over to the hospital where I was seen by a doctor. He took an xray of my knee, but ended up telling me that when I get back to the states I should probably have an MRI done. That's like a $5,000 procedure!!! Hopefully, I will just get better with time.

Anyway, after I walked to the museum and we had our picnic lunches and looked briefly at the Marc Chagall exhibit. It was very nice. Then we walked to an old Roman amphitheater. That was real cool, until, as luck would have it, I was stung by a bee on my back. Yes, the bee landed down my shirt and when I went to scratch the itch that I felt, the mofo stung me. It hurt for a while, but surprisingly I had little reaction to it. Hurray! The kids were joking that things come in three's. I wasn't laughing.

We then went to thermal baths where we spent the next four hours just absorbing the warmth of the pools. It was a mixture of mountain water and chlorinated water, so apparently, it didn't hurt your eyes when you opened them underwater. It was a nice way to relax though. It started to rain though, so we moved to the indoor pool and then all ate some icecream afterwards.

I am exhausted though and I'm sure it is from being in the water for so long today. Mermaids must sleep 12 hours every night just to have enough strength to wake up in the mornings....wink.

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Hot Topologic said...

I don't understand the wink. I wonder how mermaids evolved, I mean, hypothetically. From fish?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home