My Adventures in Switzerland

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Everybody Hurts Sometimes

I hurt my knee quite badly. The patella is inflammed (I think) and I had to stay behind today to give it a rest. It's actually very frusterating. I can't do all the things that I want/thought I would be able to do. I originally hurt it the first day on the hike. We went down steep hills, actually the side of a mountain, so it was sore. It gets sore when I run a lot, but I can always just stop running, ice it and it gets better. However, yesterday we were biking so I thought it would be easier on my knees. Only we went up the mountain to go mountain biking and it was really only for expert mountain bikers. We had to cross a waterfall 6 times without a bridge. It was horrible. I was in pain the whole time and couldn't appreciate the scenery and the nice weather. It makes me realize how lucky I am to have two operating legs most of the time.

I've been taking Ibuprofen, icing it when ice is available, putting icy hot on it, and I bought a knee brace today. Thankfully I found a man on a four wheeler to take me down the rest of the mountain. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have made it. Unfortunately, it wasn't soon enough. When I saw him I mean. So, all the possible damage was probably already done.

But, luckily I am just resting today and hopefully after a few days rest of not being on my feet will be just what I need to get back to the beautiful Alpes!

In other news, the kids have really started bonding which is great! There are no cliques. No romantic flings. Really, the group of kids that I got are great. Most of the time they are respectful of eachother and me. There are a few times when they do things that make me want to scream. But overall, there are more times when I want to smile and congratulate them on how conscious and thoughtful they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home