My Adventures in Switzerland

Saturday, July 14, 2007

First Harley Ride

That's right. I rode a motorcycle. Not just any motorcyle, but a Harley Davidson. Jacquotte's Harley to be exact. It was so exhilarating(sp?) and now I want to get my license so I too can drive around on a Sat. morning. It was the perfect temperature, not a cloud in the sky, and what better scenery than the rolling pastures of Switzerland? (Dad, you would have loved it, I hope next time we come back we can rent at least a moped) We did go on the highway, which was a little scary, but I managed to remain calm, not make any sudden movements, and keep my center of balance. Don't worry Dad, they lent me jeans, a leather jacket, leather gloves, and a helmet...they don't mess around in Switzerland.

Then afterwards, Marette and I went to à la plage to nager dans le lac Léman. It is normally very cold. I'm not sure if any of you remember my crazy days, but I went for a brisk dip in the beginning of April when the water was about 10 degrees...This time it was cool and refreshing. We brought a picnic lunch and just sat out by the beach and managed to communicate for a few hours. Marette is Swiss German and French is her second language like mine. It was a good afternoon.

Well, until we had to go home on bicycles. Yens is pretty far from the lake, which isn't bad going downhill. BUT, going up hill is a completely different story. It was hard and tiring and I feel like I got my workout for the day in.

On Monday we go to Saas Fee in the Valais in the mountains. I'm looking forward to strapping on some leederhosen and yodelling. Totally kidding. But, I am genuinely looking forward to spending a few days in a place I have never been before.

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Anne said...

You're so brave! I'm glad you're having fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home