My Adventures in Switzerland

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Jura Mts.

Today was another beautiful day en Suisse. SO beautiful, that in fact I got a sun tan. Woohoo. Christine, Marette and I went to the Jura mountains to pick up Christine's two daughters Sabine and Lucie from a week-long camp in the wilderness.

However, on the way we made a few pit stops. For example, we drove up this wind-y, twisty road to a small chalet that served food. There was a terrace that over looked the valley. Of course they had plenty of cows roaming about equipped with the bells and a few donkeys. They served fondue, but it was so hot that we just got Rivella's and sandwichs. Next time, I will get the fondue.

Then we made another pit stop at this music box museum. Sounds lame, but it was actually pretty cool. It was very small, but they had everything from the first music boxes to these huge stage-like vignettes that had puppets. I wasn't able to take pictures and I'm sure it is easier to describe with my hands, so if you are interested just ask me.

Then we went to the camp site which was right in the valley. It was nice. Right next to a cold stream, there was a campfire. And instead of singing 'Merci à la cuisine' they chanted M-E-R-C-I Merci Merci Merci. A different approach.

All in all, it was a hot, long day in the car, but a beautiful last day in my host family. Tomorrow. Saas Fee.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Hot Topologic said...

Don't get hurt on those motorcycles. Also, it's nice to see you're having fun in the mountains. You might as well try out the yodeling while you are there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home